Hello! I've been muddling through for the past few days. Here are some thoughts as I begin to break the surface: I met with Mike the Counselor alone yesterday morning. He now sees that all my parents' demands of me are based in their fear that I will not be able to provide for myself. He also can see that they continue to advocate for me as they always have, but that their brand of advocacy has never stopped to consider that I am now 29 yrs old with much different needs, wants and desires than I once had. While it's good to have Mike affirm all the frustrating things that I think and feel, none of those discoveries and affirmations make life less complicated or confusing yet... Bless you for praying, especially for discernment over how to proceed!
I met with a friend yesterday who's offered to pay me for writing help :) Her affirmation of my skills is priceless just now! I deliberately arrived a few minutes early so that I'd have time to look at a passage and scribble some notes in my journal before diving into her essay. I looked back at a piece of Ezekiel that has always intrigued me because of the logical impossibility of life springing up from dead, dry surroundings. During Sunday's sermon on that Ezekiel piece, I began to see a theme that God's most likely trying to use. Family life feels like a desert place, so I'm sure images the from Ezekiel of a valley and dry bones are NOT an accident! More on that later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment