Sunday, May 10, 2009
Resenting. Rebelling. Reconciling.
We heard the 3rd sermon based on the prodigal son story in Luke 15 this morning. Patrick chose to highlight the older brother's resentment. In his anger, that brother refused to join the family or celebrate the joy of the prodigal's return. On Thursday, May 14th, my family will start counseling so that we can find a common communication strategy. I'm very afraid of what will come up. It's really the Tower of Babel around here now... Resentment is most definitely a topic for discussion, likely at great length. We obviously need help because silence only offers band-aids. which have worn thin already. In terms of prayer and confidence, I need some assurance that Mom's words won't destroy my spirit as we begin to work through things. I wish I knew what causes her to lash out so angrily. Please keep praying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment