Thursday, March 18, 2010

Begging For Rides

I have a bit of a petty request... Help me not to resent this situation, please! There are 6 people who work as tutors beside me. They plan to see the Alice in Wonderland movie on Mon. Times and a theatre location are still being discussed, but I wasn't even asked to go... or if I wanted to attend... until I blurted "I can get there on a bus!" WHY do people not even bother to ask me because they can't see HOW a chair could POSSIBLY fit in a car?! GRRRR!! After blurting that my other chair can go in cars, I gave the lady, whom I like very much, my cell #. That was yesterday, so I hope she calls or texts me prior to Mon. If she does, I can arrange rides. People never even bother to ask if I can get in a car. With the exception of the "old" Bible Study ladies, who have learned the painful empathy of needing things from others, and a handful of college sisters, rides are rarely offered. Is there something about wheels that prevents people from asking HOW I move?? Sheesh... Perhaps it's not a deliberate slight from my co-workers. Ignorance or insensitivity borne of lacking knowledge? I may never know, but I know these moments of exclusion HURT!

I know it's a challenge to drive me, but I enjoy teaching anyone who dares to ask... Thanks for letting me blow off this cloud of steam...

No comments:

Post a Comment