Hello! Several of you have received some form of my lament in email today as well. I am processing as I write, so thanks for bearing with me!
Last week, Joe, who orchestrates our adult discipleship classes asked me to consider co-leading a Crown Finance biblical finance principles small group in the fall, but I have no idea about my work schedule or living details, so I told him I couldn't commit to leading things. I may end up taking the class myself because I desperately want to avoid some of the monetary disagreements my parents are dealing with. Heck, I'll happily accept fewer obstacles in ANY form :)
Hi Joe -- Your request comes at a time of much wondering about life and family. My parents own property in Seattle overlooking the Fauntleroy ferries that has been rented for the past year or so. Well, that renter was laid off and is moving to Idaho. He is a family friend and told my parents verbally that he would do things as a favor to them that went beyond the lease. Needless to say, he did not. Sadly he didn't even fulfill the lease he signed. My parents have had to finance clean up and repairs which has strained their already tense relationship. They have differing ideas of how to spend or save funds, not to mention holding people who signed agreements accountable. Right now, my parents don't speak. Mom said tonight that she doesn't love John like she used to and doesn't want to be with him any longer. The rental house wars were the wind that blew the roof off their personal house of cards.She still hasn't told him how she feels face-to-face, though. I insisted that she do it SOON and tell me so I can be GONE right then. I can't describe the pit in my stomach... How on earth do I tell my parents to fight for their marriage?! UGH. Pray, would you please?
Now, about me and my potential availability for the Fall class. I have no clue what my work days or hours will be. TCC has cut things drastically so I am continuing to apply for anything that looks remotely likely. No luck yet... Outside of all that, I'm looking for another place to live and hammering out my final Master's year.
I wish I could tell you one way or the other, but I simply can't. Thanks for thinking of me, but if you want to choose the leaders more quickly, it's probably best to ask someone else. Who knows? I might end up taking the class myself! Long answer to a short question... Story of my life :)
My dad, John just returned from a "boys'" weekend golfing in Spokane. When he got home last night, mom was out in the backyard. I think they talked out there. She came in DRUNK and laughing like a crazy looney 2 hours after he went to bed in their room. She announced her (obviously) drunken state, laughed at her own "joke," and slept on the couch again. John's still 4+ yrs sober; now mom's drinking more than she ought to... Holy nutz, I live in the Twilight Zone.
Need hugs!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment