Saturday, February 20, 2010

Love is worth the risk, isn't it?!

John 15:9-12 and 15:16-17 NIV
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.


These verses are driving me batty because this may be the TRUE proof of my belief itself! As I wrote a few days ago, I am not sure what to do with the fact that Greg contacted me with birthday wishes signed "your dad." I still don't know what to make of that whole scenario, so I have prayed and dug into the Scriptures over two hour-long periods this week. Each time I see something different, but it is now obvious that because I am loved by God and the family that has ALWAYS surrounded me, I must reply to Greg. I don't know what to write or how to phrase it; I'll just have to accept that I must write him back and trust my Author through the fear. Where on earth do I start? I place more trust in "newly minted" specialized bus drivers than Greg, mind you! Last time I wrote, I mentioned a friend's counsel. That same friend replied again with more wisdom. Her newest piece was this: make it very clear to Greg that while I am tentatively open to trading an occasional email, I am not looking to "hire" a dad. Greg is my father in the biological form of that word; John has proudly loved as my dad since our very first meeting in August, 1986! T's words were truly the affirmation I needed. God may be prompting correspondence with Greg, but I needn't worry... my dad shows me who he is everyday, simply by being a constant presence in my life!

Please pray that I would allow the Lord to be my only Author when writing Greg. All is lost if my skepticism and anger come through... Something is clearly brewing beyond the veil!

No comments:

Post a Comment