Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Knowing My Need For God
is inescapable because only He can make this body of mine capable! Now, onward to my thoughts about Stephen Hawking and his "no need for God" position. I've been thinking about the physicist's theory of gravity's collapse creating the universe since my pastor referenced it on Sunday. My brain went to Hawking himself rather than his theories, though. I've always wondered if some (or all) of Hawking's vehemence against God has to do with his very disabled body. Perhaps Hawking resents the contrast between the prison of his crippled body and the freedom he finds in his soaring intellect... Just a thought! It's often hard to accept that my precious Lord allows me to remain in this body which I do NOT love. Those inequalities raise questions of trust. When I look only as an intellectual, I see Hawking's position clearly. Anger and bitterness are not helpful trust-builders. However, when I look within myself at my body AND soul, God's there whispering... "yes, child, I made and will use you well!" I don't agree with Hawking because TRUST changed me, but I do see his logic. One-dimensional Stephen Hawking sings an angry, cynical song that I pray against bellowing each day. If only Hawking would seek to see beyond his chair... But for the grace of God, go I!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great post Kjersti! I'm so glad you're back to blogging!
ReplyDelete